Friday, February 4, 2011

A new day, a new comittment.

Ok, so I was a bit of a cranky pants yesterday; I blame the mixture of tequila, chianti and Heinekin that, when taken together, acts as a portal to another world, where one can't speak Italian and gets all shitty and teary that they can't speak Italian. Or do other things (oh my God I HAVE to stop daydreaming about that in class too, because it is NOT HELPING!!!)

Well, not literally teary. Actually, I just wanted to smash Italian's face in (before my teacher smashed mine!)

Anyway, I have renounced this evil world and from now on will only drink chianti and Heinekin separately. And I will not drink tequila at all!! I made a solomn oath ten years ago never to touch tequila again, and that resolution has held fast until now - tequila is the antichrist. Amen!

So, after a good night's sleep, I made the decision to stay yet another two weeks in Florence. And also, to be absolutely, resolutely determined that I can speak and understand Italian within that month. I am Rocky!!!! I shall triumph - either by speaking fluently or, like Rocky, smashing my opponent's head in!! (And please note, I am speaking metaphorically - I am not going to smash ANYTHING!:-)

Today was better - in a sense. That sense being that I didn't get upset when I got EVERY future bullshit essere verb thingy wrong. I just laughed and heaped on the self-deprecating humour that all Australians love but that seems to really upset Italians. So, I can't win - I'm upsetting my teacher whatever I do!!!!! But, relaxed I did throw in a few pearler comments that I think were fairly impressive, and made me look less remedial.

Oh, the pain of being remedial. As I said today - in Italian - I am so used to be being ONE of the smartest people in the classroom, not the stupidest person in the SCHOOL!!!! This is the self-deprecation that gets me into trouble. They should be concentrating on my ability to joke in Italian, God dammit!!!

Anyway, another month and I can't wait :-). This weekend is set to be awesome, too: Venice with some friends from school, from which I will return early(ish) to watch the superbowl with some other friends on Sunday night. NO TEQUILA AND NO BEER. Just wine this weekend.

And I will study my arse off as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment