Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I an no longer fortunes foe - apart from the fact I cant find the apostrophe!

So I am back in the bright lights and excitement of gay Paree after quite a red faced adventure almost saw me stranded in San Sebastian - and as much as I have waxed lyrical about the delights of Spain, I have no such sentiments about San Seb; it was cold, it was wet, it was severly storm damaged - so many of the beachfront walks and activities I was interested in were closed. It was shit. But it also followed Barcelona, so I guess you cant be too hard on a place following a sibling like that. Must be how my sisters feel :-) hee hee hee xo

But back to my being a red-faced idiot. Who knew that when you book an easy jet flight from San Seb to Paris, it might leave from somewhere else? Like, say, an airport NOT in San Sebastion? For the record, I feel slightly vindicated because I do kinda expect the airport to be IN the city I an leaving from, but in San Seb, you catch the shuttle bus to FRANCE from the airport at San Sebastian, and from FRANCE you fly to Paris. I was told with a great deal of condescention by the woman at the airport.

Is anyone else confused?! I wanted to fly into France, not fly FROM there (an argument I unfortunately made, so as to look like even more of a tool).

San Sebastian is stupid. Amen.

I, however, am not fortunes foe! Expected in Paris, I was determined to get there. Making tracks to THREE different train stations (for shits sake, San Sebastion, CONSOLIDATE!!!) I excitedly announced to the ticket clerk that I was so ready to leave Spain (I said it nicely - I liked Spain) that I would take the first train to ANYWHERE.

Lucky me - the first train to anywhere was to Paris, leaving in an hour, with a delightfully comfy sleeper train and, in not having to pay the excess baggage Easy Jet would have slugged me, I am scarcely ten euros the loser.

I have been reading a lot of Jane Austen too.

Upon my timely arrival, I discovered that my ultra comfy hotel had stuffed up, and I now have a triple suit! 2011 might just be my year!

Now, universe, would it be too much to ask for a couple of grand so I can stay a little longer? I shall await your reply! And if anyone else can recommend where I should go next, my itinerary is open and I am quite at leisure!

Yeah. A LOT of Jane Austen. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment