Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Una bella bambina

This week saw the most amazing event, the birth of little baby Isla. And I admit, I got too far ahead of myself with this one. I looked over my blog and thought, well if I can illustrate a blog, I can certainly do my own gift card for a new born baby and two of my dearest - and apparently accommodating - friends.

So I did.

The problem is, as I handed the card over, after basking all day in the warmth of how special I thought my effort was, I suddenly realised that I"M the one who's slightly special. And not in a good way. Unfortunately, my proxy niece found out after only a day and a half of being alive that her Aunty Katmol is slightly twisted. This was not my intention. Sad face. But I'll show you the card, and you can judge for yourselves:

But it gets worse.

On Wednesday, I decided the whole faculty at school should see my brilliance. (Actually, that's not true - I was feeling like an idiot and decided to INFLICT my idiocy on the whole faculty at school.) And so I sent them all a Christmas picture over the email.

It looked like this:

The only saving grace is that another teacher was so impressed, they wanted to borrow it to send out to their faculty. Yep - that is a true story. Not lying. Can only imagine she was being nice and perhaps wanted to spare me the humiliation I had caused myself. Or they are laughing. their. head. off.

Yeah, that must be it.

But what a nice lady to pretend!

Anyway, now that I am actually taking comissions for free Christmas cards, I am sure Penguin are going to ring me any day now, and ask me to illustrate my own picture book. And then Tamsin the turtle and I can retire to a beach house somewhere and drink Moet out of Magnums. And eat Magnums out of crystal champagne glasses!

And I can finish my story about Clemency Jones who eats fairy floss on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment