Friday, November 4, 2011

Time to Pretend!!!

Another year, another million dollars.

Ok, neither of those statements are quite correct - but one is more correct than the other. (And yes, I would quite happily work the year all over again to have the OTHER one be correct; Dear Gypsies: please give me a million dollars or I will rip your face off.)

The year is not over, but it's time to pretend a little. I have finished teaching the poppets their normal, mainstream, pre-examination curriculum. And - no matter what - I have finished teaching year 10. There are no more year ten classes in 2011, and it is a most auspicious day!!!

Don't get me wrong; I actually loved my year tens, but they seem to have developed an irrationally early hankering to be done with school and not give two figs about anything to do with exams, which made revision reeaaallly hard work. But I still bought them chocolates, and even though they continued with their relentless apathy until the very end, I reasoned that if I punished them by NOT handing out the chocolates, I would end up eating 24 fun sized mars bars. So I caved on the promises that they would indeed send me their revision work over the email. That they would indeed study persuasive techniques and their purpose and effect on the reader.

Yes. Yes I am a huge sucker. Obsessively checking my email and getting more and more disappointed by the hour. Sad face. I also I ate a chocolate. Ok, two chocolates.

Four.

But even if I'm not really finished yet, or a million dollars richer, in six weeks time I will be standing on the dome of the Duomo. Here: I drew you a visual so you can picture me with my massive gelati and cafe!





Please note - neither me, nor the chiesa are to scale.
Neither is the gelati. Or the coffee.
I'm not very good at scales. Especially if I stand on them. I break them.
i leoni e le tigri e ... crap! What's bears?!! Oh My!

Four mars bars. Not even snickers. Such a waste.


On a brighter note, now that I have stunned you with yet another successful portrayal of both myself AND one of Italy's greatest landmarks (Suck on that Michaelangelo!), I am going to treat you to some real brilliance: one of my beautiful year 12 students sent me a drawing!! Knowing how much I wish to wake up in 1820 and marry Mr Knightley and wear bonnets, she showed me what I would look like - what I have looked like, in fact!

I've saved the best for last: here it is!


Time to pretend: I am Emma, and these fabulous girls are still in my class. Either that, or I am in Italy with Mr Knightley right now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment