Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And then, there was religion ...

I just hit the "next blog" icon, and was directed to some Christian fundamentalist site in which C.S. Lewis is quoted as saying: 'A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell'.

Whilst my blog is not technically a rant about religion, I thought the fact that CS Lewis wrote it an interesting segue.

Moving on from this, I read a piece about how one can interpret Alice In Wonderland (and its sequel - the return through the looking glass) as some metaphor for the Comings and goings and apparents comings again of Christ. ... Are they absolutely for real?

Oh my fucking God! (And yes, I understand the irony of that statement but I'm into blasphemy, so deal with it!) Why is it that every piece of great literature has to be ruined by some nut with a messiah complex? Unless it's Milton, or something at least as obvious, can't we just have a good fantasy where good versus evil is not a replication of Genesis?

If anyone ever inteprets my stories as anything other than the angry, feminist, deeply anti-religious displays that they are, get ready to run.

Or bring me cupcakes!

(And those are just my young adult stories :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment