Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another rant ...

Damn you Labor party for taking my time away from other writing tasks!!

Julia Gillard says Abbott is "afraid the Malaysai solution will work." Could she clarify, please, how the working order of this horrendous policy is going to be evaluated? Will she use the same gauge employed to decree that Labor is not contravening international treaties on human rights? Or by the same standards applied to test her allegiance to labor party platforms, not liberal ones?

I think her measuring stick is broken.

Rudd can come back now, right?

5 comments:

  1. :-) know. I'd move to Italy but they're pretty fucked too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.kudelka.com.au/2011/09/the-good-samaritan-grittily-rebooted-for-our-modern-times/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I think the only way to be happy is to ignore politics altogether. In my ~3 weeks cycling around France last month (and particularly the 80 hours of cycling non-stop) I was pretty much completely ignorant of world events and never happier.

    ps happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm with you on that - ignorance may really be bliss. (But not ignorance to the extent that it makes you a fuckwit!!)

    I may have to ignore that our country is led by said fuckwits. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honestly not sure why I stay interested in politics. I can't influence it. It doesn't influence me that much. So following it is generally a complete waste of time.

    ReplyDelete