Sunday, April 16, 2017

Untitled

For your life to be ending like this no lights on
The trolley screeches in the hall and you don’t care
That cordial is all that’s left now
I thought you’d scream blue murder for one last wine
Instead I rub your feet as you look through me
Past me
A void of forget me not blue
Where you don’t know my name


A good death is humble, fast, noble
Which of these is yours as they take your shit away
In a pan; 
dress your bruises – you sleep on the floor now
The slightest descent of all, from a distance of mere inches
Yet it takes forever
The world seems suspended above you
Photographs of people out of reach

I feed you mangoes on a spoon
Sunshine dripping down your chin
Sunshine 
in your smile – so loving
Fumbling back to conversation so infrequently now:
How's my job, how's my car, how's my
identity - wrapped in fog, in the incessant screaming
Of a tv in the common room

Life dwindles down to this:
Mango pulp pulsing in a cerebral blender 
Where you've got no idea that everything we've been through
Goes beyond the last 20 seconds
Like the goldfish in the waiting room
It's all so incongruous
The will it takes to find you 
You still don’t remember me
Yet I’ll love you forever

No comments:

Post a Comment