Monday, March 27, 2017

Watermelon


Welcome! Please take a seat
Exchange some politeness:
The strangeness of the weather, and now:
Sandwiches - layering pleasant
Before - I hesitate -
You must absorb the truth:
As I will be relinquishing
The delinquent in
The room - not my fault!
This result!
Yet I’m listening to you speaking
I can hear the words you’re saying
but I can’t quite compute:
Why is it that you
Think that we do not do
Enough to push through
That whom you pushed through
Into the wide world. It
Might seem I'm churlish;
(These words are in my head)
But you're doing my head in!
I can hear what you’re saying
You’re paying – certainly paying
But your words don’t make sense
You speak dollars and cents
And get so incensed!
But surely if it's homework:
That’s got to be your bag.
I won’t ring your doorbell after hours to nag.
Will not roll out my sleeping bag
Set fire to your lawn as I brown
My poor-man’s supper;
Get indigestion over comprehension.
(Have you got any cocoa?)
No and no and no!
We’re all doing our best:
Johnny didn’t pass the test
Johnny didn’t do the essay
Or the story
And the glory
You anticipate
Will surely evaporate
Unless you both cooperate.
Now it's back to sandwiches
Something nice:
Handwriting style?
The next one lingers at the door
Time to build my next rapport.
I can hear what you’re saying
But ten minutes are up.
Your turn to batter up:
It’s your watermelon, lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment